Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Sound of Music play

We went to see The Sound of Music at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theater in Mesa, AZ.

We went for my Mother in law's birthday and were happy that the tickets were thru the H.E.R.O
newsletter with Jan Parsons. (always happy with the shows we've seen thru them)

To say it was absolutely wonderful would be an understatement. It was undoubtedly the highlight of my year, and I wish I could watch the show EVERY single day.

Jessica and I already sing most of the music from the soundtrack daily, so as we prepared for the show to start, we were already noisily humming "Lonely Goatherd"
The ambience is beautiful there. Lot's of teacups, candles, dark wood, and chocolate chip cookie smells.
We had so much fun dressing up, having dinner, and an all you can eat dessert bar, before the show started.

Here is "Maria" and the children singing Lonely Goatherd during the thunderstorm scene.


And Captain Georg Von Trapp with Elsa on his lap!


So funny! Please, if you are able support our local theaters. A great evening was had by all!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Your precious girls look like they really enjoyed themselves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! it really was so fun. Hope to continue seeing plays in the future through Broadway Palms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cati, I don't know if you noticed that I commented on one of your other posts, and since you don't know me I hope you aren't feeling stalked! Now that I've seen your blog, I really enjoy it. Two reasons, we have a lot of similar interests, and I visit your area periodically since my husband works there part-time. We may have to move there someday and you make it look a little less scary, so thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I am just now seeing this! I have been off my blog for nearly a year and don't get notifications for responses or comments! Thanks for stopping by and reading! :) The Broadway Palm is actually closed now. :(

      Delete