Friday, March 11, 2011

A day at Blue Sky Organic Farms

We are very blessed to live about 2 miles from Blue Sky Organic farms.
 http://start.cortera.com/company/research/k3j2juj5s/blue-sky-organic-farms/


A friend of mine, Carl Seacat, has an acre there, where he plants heirloom tomatoes, flowers and different varieties of lettuce, vegetables and melons.
He sells to local and renowned restaurants around the valley including the Wigwam Resort and Sauce in Phoenix.


After a particularly long week, I stopped out there to see if I could help Carl with anything around the garden


 He told me that since tomorrow was the farmer's market in Phoenix and Scottsdale- He needed hundreds of Poppies and Calendulas cut to be sold in the morning.


What fun! I spent about 1.5 hours just cutting flowers while the girls picked/washed/ate- fresh out of the dirt carrots! 


It felt so peaceful to just have the sun shining, & the wind whipping my skirt as I cut flower, after flower, placing it in the metal tub--monotonous perhaps, but therapeutic.
Here is my bounty!! (doesn't look like much, but those little suckers cost .75 a stem!)




I don't know what it is about gardening for me. Perhaps because life began in a quiet beautiful garden?
My soul is made whole there. I no longer feel the brokeness of life. It is when I feel closest to God. Alone, quiet, reflective......
I found this funny hat in a pile of gardening equipment, It isn't pretty, but it still did its job! LOL

HAPPY SPRING GARDENING!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Cati, I enjoyed your blog. I found it by googling myself and came upon your blog. I never knew anyone with my exact name. Keep up the good work with your home schooling and organic living!

    Cati Stokes

    ReplyDelete