Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Saint Patricks Day!!

The month of March is my month to plan activities for our homeschool group in Verrado.

(Every single one of these ideas was given to me by a wonderfully creative friend Heather Haupt, Who I credit and thank for these wonderful suggestions that I could copy.)

Today, we had our St Patricks Day party. There was a bit of preparation before the event. Such as buying
prizes dowels, paint, pretzels, white chocolate, heart-shaped cookie cutters etc. But it was so fun putting it together and hoping the kids would learn something!

We borrowed and read "Patrick"  by Tomie Depaola

I also made clover pretzels with white chocolate! Very easy and yummy! All were eaten at the party!







At the party the kids were encouraged to make a card with a shamrock on it, representing the trinity.
This card could then be used to share the Good News with a friend:)
None of the male children participated. Whatever! I can only control so much.




I then asked the girls what the Guinness World Record was for leaves found on a shamrock?
 The answer is-18 leaves & found in Japan!
(winner received prize)




Afterwards, there was a relay race where the children passed a baton to each other signifying the sharing of the Good News.  Just as Patrick, patron saint of Ireland did!
(Baton I painted)

2 comments:

  1. How much fun!!!! I love the pretzel idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was one of the links on your St Patty's page!-It was a blast.

    ReplyDelete