Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Science Experiments-gone crazy

I was in the kitchen, admiring my budding watermelon seedlings. (drinking a cherry Diet Coke that I gave up weeks ago-Did I mention I was a closet diet coke drinker?)
When I had this insane thought...What would a watermelon seed do, if all I gave it to drink was diet coke?
I mean, let's see if the old adage is true--You Are What You Eat"
I quickly involved my two little girls who were horrified at giving a seed Diet coke to live on. (I recently told them carmel color in Diet Coke causes cancer, so they would stop asking me for sips)

So, our control group includes, a seed that will receive water, a seed that will receive milk, a seed that will receive Orange Juice, and the poor said seed that will receive Deathly Cola er Diet Coke.
They all have the same soil, and get 1/8 cup said liquid each day.
Pictures below. Please write in and tell me, what you think will happen. Jessica and Tori made their predictions and will be charting the seeds daily :)


The WEIRDEST thing, is that all the liquids receded down into the soil, except the orange juice, which refused to join the soil as one...I predict hard times for those two!

1 comment: