Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Setting Sail in San Diego!

Well, we had a very nice time with my sister Jaime in San Diego.
We flew in on Saturday and were expecting rain-fortune smiled on us and it was a beautiful sunny day at Hotel Del Coronado. We bought lunch and ate on the hotel  balcony over looking the Pacific Ocean...Heavenly..Just four wonderful friends :-)
Lots of sun,collecting shells on the beach. chocolate mouse,mozzarella pesto sandwiches, and thee tastiest strawberry tart you will ever dream of! Seriously, I can't wait to go back and get one for myself!!
 It was so lovely, and a memory I will always cherish.
We took the girls shopping before lunch and bought them new dresses. They were so excited, and the shop was the cutest little vintage shop, with aprons and flour sack dresses from the 40's-I definitely want to go back soon! (Everything I tried on, I was unable to zip, so diet first, the shopping! LOL)

Back to Hotel Del-it is a MUST see if you have not.
The lobby makes you feel as though you have stepped back 200 years. Such beauty, hardwood floors, ornate carved ceilings, stone fireplaces. I could just read all day in one of the couches in the lobby!

We went back to Jaime's boat and rented a movie, ate soup, and waited for the night storm to move in off the horizon. 
At times, it was difficult to sleep; the wind would grab the boat's mast and shake it back and forth between the dock, and the rain, we must not forget the lulling sound of torrential rain ;-)- so the boat rocked and banged most of the night!! I slept peacefully through all but about 10 minutes (where I was reveling in it) but Jaime had a hard time sleeping..
The next morning we went to Denny's and ate a pancake breakfast..yum! Off to the airport after that, so we could make it home before Bobby :) He still beat us though..I am excited because we get to go back to San Diego on Friday morning. Where Bobby will be renting a sail boat, and enjoying his first strawberry tart!

No comments:

Post a Comment